On September 12, 1955, at the Rupert High School (Western Greenbrier County, West Virginia), more than 100 interested sportsman gathered to begin planning for (what is known locally as) the Club.
The Club began with a land lease of over 30,000 acres, yearly dues of $5, and 250 charter members.
Originally the membership was restricted to residents of the western part of Greenbrier County.
The objectives of the Clear Creek Rod and Gun Club are to:
a. Protect wildlife within the leased borders;
b. Observe, promote, and support game laws in West Virginia;
c. Cultivate better relationship between sportsman and land owners;
d. Promote good fellowship among all people who share our sport; and
e. Support the Conservation Officers in their effort to protect and preserve our natural resources.
Today in the year 2013, the Club has evolved into an organization with open membership, approximately 900 members, and about 80,000+ acres leased.
Since the conception of the club in 1955, several changes have been made to give the members many benefits for an annual fee of $375.00. ATV Tag is $5.00